General Basil II, a name synonymous with valor and might, led the Byzantine Empire into its second golden age. This article will explore the story of this historic figure, delve into his special skills and specialties, and provide guidance on how to acquire and use this general in Evony.
General Basil II's Legacy
In 989, following the victory against two formidable generals in a civil war, Basil II shifted his focus towards expanding the eastern frontier of the Byzantine Empire. His objective: the complete subjugation of the First Bulgarian Empire.
Come 1014, Basil initiated the Battle of Kleidion, with the sole aim of crushing Bulgarian resistance. Despite fighting for another four years, Bulgaria finally succumbed in 1018. Thus, Basil earned the title “the Bulgar Slayer.”
Throughout his life, Basil II was a devoted servant to his empire and his soldiers. At the time of his demise, the Empire had achieved its greatest territorial reach since the Muslim conquests four centuries earlier.
The Special Skills of Basil II
- Increases ground and mounted troops' attack by 30% and defense by 15% when leading the army.
- 1* – 10% boost in attack and defense for mounted and ground troops when leading.
- 2* – Marching troop's death the wounded rate increased by 10%.
- 3* – Rally capacity +8% when launching Alliance War.
- 4* – 10% increase in attack and HP for mounted and ground troops when leading.
- 5* – Mounted and ground troops gain 10% in attack, defense, and HP when leading.
The Specialty of Basil II
- Ground Troop Defense: HP and Defense +10%.
- Snipe: Enemy Troop Attack -10%.
- War God: All Troops Attack +6%.
- Battle of Kleidion: Ground and Mounted Troop Attack +20%; HP +10%.
Acquiring General Basil II
Basil II can be obtained through the following methods:
- No.1 Epic Historic General (Premium) & Epic General Token:
- The final tier of event packages.
- VIP Premium Package.
- Champion Loyalty Rewards.
- Alliance Competition.
- Alliance Duel.
- Limited Offer.
- No.2 Historic General Summoning Event:
- Obtain Epic Historic General (Glory) from the 5th-tier event package.
- Use Glory to summon General Basil II from the Rewards List.
- No.3 General Portrait Exhibition Event:
- Redeem General Hall Ⅱ Historic General ×1 with General's Invitation ×500.
- Open the token for a chance to acquire General Basil II.
- General Invitation can be obtained from packages, Server Monarch Competition, and Activity Chest.
The main and assistant general combinations of Basil II
And the recommended combinations are as follows.
|Main General||Main General Special Skill||Assistant General|
|Ludwig||Increases ground troops' attacks by 15% while the General is leading the army to attack. Increases ground troops' attack, defense, and HP by 25% when the General brings any dragon to attack.||Basil II|
|Maeda Toshiie||Increases ground troops' attack by 35% and increases ground troops and mounted troops' HP by 30% when the General is leading the army to attack.||Basil II|
|Elise||Increases ground troops and mounted troops' HP by 30% when the General is leading the army to attack. Increases ground troops' attacks by 30% when the General brings any dragon to attack.||Basil II|
|Scipio Africanus||Increases ground troops' attack by 30% and increases ground troops' HP by 40% when the General is leading the army to attack.||Basil II|